This weekend Joan Hamburg will have a couple of guests on the show who will be sharing with listeners their latest delicious recipes! On Saturday, Arthur Schwartz will be on the show with a chilli con carne recipe. Then on Sunday, Anne Burrell will be on to talk about fun things to cook for the big game! Below find Anne's Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Chorizo and Manchego recpie!
Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Chorizo and Manchego By Anne Burrell
Makes: 12 pieces
Times: About 20 minutes
Mise en Place
12 Medjool dates, pitted
½ pound Manchego, cut into 12 rectangle logs
3 links fresh chorizo, casings removed
6 slices of bacon, cut in half
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Make an incision lengthwise in each date, open it up, and flatten.
3. Place a piece of Manchego in the center of each date.
4. Break each chorizo link into quarters. Form each piece of chorizo into a log that is the length of the date and squish it onto the Manchego. Close the date around the filling and squeeze to secure. Wrap each date with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
5. Place all the dates on a baking sheet, transfer to the oven, and roast for 7 to 8 minutes or until the bacon is starting to crisp up. Turn over the dates and roast the dates for another 7 to 8 minutes.
6. In a small bowl combine the syrup and vinegar.
7. Remove the dates from the oven and brush them with the syrup-vinegar mixture. Return the dates to the oven and bake another 1 to 2 minutes or until they are crackly and sticky. Remove from the oven and let rest for a minute, remove the toothpicks, and serve.