Joan Hamburg has been part of the WOR, 710 AM, family in New York since the early 1970s. She grew up on Long Island and attended Barnard College before beginning her advertising career. Hamburg started her radio broadcasting with small consumer segments on the "Rambling with Gambling" morning show. It wasn't long before Hamburg got her very own show. Joan can be heard on WOR weekdays noon to 2pm with topics including the day's news, food, restaurant features, and celebrity interviews. In November of 2012, Joan was inducted into the NYSE Broadcast Hall of Fame.
Senior Executive Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show:
Natalie Batos Vacca has been with WOR radio since 1997. For nine years, she was the Producer of WOR’s Morning Show. In March 2006, Natalie was promoted to Senior Producer at WOR and Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show. She has received several prestigious awards for her work including the New York Press Club Byline Award for Best Spot News coverage for the Swiss Air Flight 111 crash, best Station Event for their live St. Patrick’s Day show from the New York State Broadcasters Association and was part of the WOR News award for "Best Spot News Coverage" of the events of September 11 from the New York State Broadcaster's Association. Prior to WOR, she was the producer for several nationally-syndicated programs, including the legendary Barry Farber and Alan Colmes. Natalie grew up in Staten Island, New York, and graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Broadcast Communications. She currently lives in New Jersey with her husband Chris and their two children.
Today, Thursday July 11th, Joan Hamburg covered a number of topics including the closing arguments in the George Zimmerman trial, the Boston bombing suspect's hearing, and the release of the Asiana plane crash 911 calls. Get links to all the stores talked about on the show today below.
- Joan's daughter Liz joined the show to talk about her trip to Rwanda. Listen to Joan and Liz on WOR 710's podcasts page.
- Actor Jeff Garlin, best known for his role in "Curb Your Enthusiasm," talked with Joan about his new movie "Dealin' With Idiots." Click here to learn more about the movie.
- Are women giving birth later because of the economy? Click here to read the story.
- What do royal babies eat? Will and Harry's childhood chef reveals what she made for the royal children. Click here to read the story.
- Jackie Jackson talked with Joan about about "The Jacksons" show at the Theatre at Westbury on July 26. Click here to purchase tickets.
- According to a study, Americans are living longer, but they aren't necessarily healthier. Click here to read the story.
- A study shows that the mental performance of people who reach their 90s may be improving. Click here to read the story.
- Joan talked wtih diet and fitness expert, Jorge Cruise. Click here to get Cruise's "Skinny Muffin" recipe.
- You may want to stop touching your face. Click here to read the story.