Joan Hamburg has been part of the WOR, 710 AM, family in New York since the early 1970s. She grew up on Long Island and attended Barnard College before beginning her advertising career. Hamburg started her radio broadcasting with small consumer segments on the "Rambling with Gambling" morning show. It wasn't long before Hamburg got her very own show. Joan can be heard on WOR weekdays noon to 2pm with topics including the day's news, food, restaurant features, and celebrity interviews. In November of 2012, Joan was inducted into the NYSE Broadcast Hall of Fame.
Senior Executive Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show:
Natalie Batos Vacca has been with WOR radio since 1997. For nine years, she was the Producer of WOR’s Morning Show. In March 2006, Natalie was promoted to Senior Producer at WOR and Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show. She has received several prestigious awards for her work including the New York Press Club Byline Award for Best Spot News coverage for the Swiss Air Flight 111 crash, best Station Event for their live St. Patrick’s Day show from the New York State Broadcasters Association and was part of the WOR News award for "Best Spot News Coverage" of the events of September 11 from the New York State Broadcaster's Association. Prior to WOR, she was the producer for several nationally-syndicated programs, including the legendary Barry Farber and Alan Colmes. Natalie grew up in Staten Island, New York, and graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Broadcast Communications. She currently lives in New Jersey with her husband Chris and their two children.
Hilarie Barsky filled in for Joan Hamburg on Thrusday. Find the stories Hilarie discussed on-air below!
- Fast-food workers in over 50 cities across the country went on strike on Monday. Click here to read the story.
- Are you worried about taking too much vacation time from work? Some companies are offering unlimited vacation days. Click here to read the story.
- A NJ woman is filing a $6 million lawsuit against her boss because he said she looked like Susan Boyle. Click here to read the story.
- Lacy Crawford talked with Hilarie about her new book "EARLY DECISION: Based on a True Frenzy." Click here to learn more.
- Would you cancel your wedding 3 days before the big day?
- Snooki, Leah Remini, Amber Riley and others are reportedly joining the new season of "Dancing with the Stars." Click here to read the story.