Joan Hamburg has been part of the WOR, 710 AM, family in New York since the early 1970s. She grew up on Long Island and attended Barnard College before beginning her advertising career. Hamburg started her radio broadcasting with small consumer segments on the "Rambling with Gambling" morning show. It wasn't long before Hamburg got her very own show. Joan can be heard on WOR weekdays noon to 2pm with topics including the day's news, food, restaurant features, and celebrity interviews. In November of 2012, Joan was inducted into the NYSE Broadcast Hall of Fame.
Senior Executive Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show:
Natalie Batos Vacca has been with WOR radio since 1997. For nine years, she was the Producer of WOR’s Morning Show. In March 2006, Natalie was promoted to Senior Producer at WOR and Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show. She has received several prestigious awards for her work including the New York Press Club Byline Award for Best Spot News coverage for the Swiss Air Flight 111 crash, best Station Event for their live St. Patrick’s Day show from the New York State Broadcasters Association and was part of the WOR News award for "Best Spot News Coverage" of the events of September 11 from the New York State Broadcaster's Association. Prior to WOR, she was the producer for several nationally-syndicated programs, including the legendary Barry Farber and Alan Colmes. Natalie grew up in Staten Island, New York, and graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Broadcast Communications. She currently lives in New Jersey with her husband Chris and their two children.
- WOR reporter Doug Parrish called in to give an update on the Washington D.C. Navy Yard shooting that has left multiple people dead. Click here to see photos.
- Dr. Oz talked with Joan about the new season of his TV show and high cholesterol. Clck here to learn more.
- Paula Deen stepped out in public for the first time since her scandal. Click here to read more.
- Queen Latifah's new talk show premieres Monday. What can viewers expect? Click here to read more.
- Carrie Goldman talked with Joan about cyberbullying and her book "BULLIED: What Every Parent, Teacher and Kid Needs To Know About Ending The Cycle Of Fear." Click here to learn more.
- Vice President Joe Biden called gay marriage "the issue of our day" during a speech over the weekend. Click here to read more.
- Donny Osmond talked with Joan about his new home decor line. Click here to learn more.
- According to the dating site AYI.com, women in Brooklyn are the pickiest online daters. Click here to read more.