Joan Hamburg has been part of the WOR, 710 AM, family in New York since the early 1970s. She grew up on Long Island and attended Barnard College before beginning her advertising career. Hamburg started her radio broadcasting with small consumer segments on the "Rambling with Gambling" morning show. It wasn't long before Hamburg got her very own show. Joan can be heard on WOR weekdays noon to 2pm with topics including the day's news, food, restaurant features, and celebrity interviews. In November of 2012, Joan was inducted into the NYSE Broadcast Hall of Fame.
Senior Executive Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show:
Natalie Batos Vacca has been with WOR radio since 1997. For nine years, she was the Producer of WOR’s Morning Show. In March 2006, Natalie was promoted to Senior Producer at WOR and Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show. She has received several prestigious awards for her work including the New York Press Club Byline Award for Best Spot News coverage for the Swiss Air Flight 111 crash, best Station Event for their live St. Patrick’s Day show from the New York State Broadcasters Association and was part of the WOR News award for "Best Spot News Coverage" of the events of September 11 from the New York State Broadcaster's Association. Prior to WOR, she was the producer for several nationally-syndicated programs, including the legendary Barry Farber and Alan Colmes. Natalie grew up in Staten Island, New York, and graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Broadcast Communications. She currently lives in New Jersey with her husband Chris and their two children.
- A Utah High School football coach suspended his entire football team after they reportedly were caught cyberbullying. Click here to read more.
- Martha Stewart goes on a Twitter rant about her broken iPad. Click here to read more.
- Brent McDonald of the New York Times talked wtih Joan about Christine Quinn's failed mayoral run. Click here to listen to the podcast.
- Review of Tennessee Williams' semi-autobiographical classic "The Glass Menagerie." Click here to listen to the podcast.
- Mario Cantone talked with Joan about his huge Gotham Comedy shows taking place this weekend. Click here to learn more.
- Chairman of the Barilla Company, Guido Barilla, stands by his anti-gay ad policy. Click here to read more.
- David Picker talked with Joan about his new book, "Musts, Maybes, and Nevers: A Book About The Movies." Click here to learn more.