Joan Hamburg has been part of the WOR, 710 AM, family in New York since the early 1970s. She grew up on Long Island and attended Barnard College before beginning her advertising career. Hamburg started her radio broadcasting with small consumer segments on the "Rambling with Gambling" morning show. It wasn't long before Hamburg got her very own show. Joan can be heard on WOR weekdays noon to 2pm with topics including the day's news, food, restaurant features, and celebrity interviews. In November of 2012, Joan was inducted into the NYSE Broadcast Hall of Fame.
Senior Executive Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show:
Natalie Batos Vacca has been with WOR radio since 1997. For nine years, she was the Producer of WOR’s Morning Show. In March 2006, Natalie was promoted to Senior Producer at WOR and Producer of The Joan Hamburg Show. She has received several prestigious awards for her work including the New York Press Club Byline Award for Best Spot News coverage for the Swiss Air Flight 111 crash, best Station Event for their live St. Patrick’s Day show from the New York State Broadcasters Association and was part of the WOR News award for "Best Spot News Coverage" of the events of September 11 from the New York State Broadcaster's Association. Prior to WOR, she was the producer for several nationally-syndicated programs, including the legendary Barry Farber and Alan Colmes. Natalie grew up in Staten Island, New York, and graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Broadcast Communications. She currently lives in New Jersey with her husband Chris and their two children.
- What does the government shutdown mean? Click here to read more.
- Joan Rivers talked with Joan about her upcoming show at the NYCB Theatre at Westbury and more! Click here to learn more.
- A group of motorcyclists chased after man driving an SUV and allegedly beat him after he allegedly drove over at least one biker. Click here to watch the video.
- Chris Matthews talked with Joan about his new book "Tip and the Gipper: When Politics Worked." Click here to learn more.
- NBC and CNN have backed out of the their Hillary Clinton TV projects. Click here to read more.
- Jessica Casano-Antonellis of Kayak.com talked with Joan about when it's the best time to get cheap flights for the holidays. Click here to listen to the podcast.
- Some experts say exerise and controlling your weight can reduce your risk of breast cancer. Click here to read more.