*The below recipe is from Marcy Smothers's new book "Snacks: Adventures in Food,Aisle by Aisle." you can learn more about Marcy on FoodWineandMarcy.com.
"Arnold Palmer made the beverage of half lemonade and half iced tea famous. In this recipe, raspberry tea ice cubes slowly melt in the lemonade. Raspberry vodka gives the cocktail a blast of fruit and fun."
2 raspberry tea bags
1 cup boiling water Ice-cube tray that makes 16 cubes (found in housewares or frozen-foods section)
4 martini glasses, chilled in freezer
2 cups prepared lemonade
4 jiggers raspberry vodka (12 tablespoons)
For the Rasberry Ice Tea Cubes
- Add the tea bags to the boiling water. Steep until concentrated, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the tea into the ice-cube tray and freeze. (It should take 30 to 60 minutes, depending on how cold your freezer is.)
For the Cocktail
- Remove the martini glasses and raspberry ice-tea cubes from the freezer. Place four raspberry tea ice cubes in each martini glass.
- Put the lemonade and raspberry vodka in the shaker and mix well.
- Pour evenly into the martini glasses, and serve immediately.
*For a nonalcoholic version, use a tall glass. Put eight raspberry tea ice cubes in each glass and fill with the lemonade.