Recipe from Dan Glickberg and Mitchel London of Fairway Market!
• 1 boneless pork loin (2-2 1/2 lbs), butterfliedl
• 1 1/2 cups dried figs, halved
• 1 1/2 cups dried pitted prunes, halved
• 1 1/2 cups dried apricots
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons Fairway honey
• 10 leaves rosemary, chopped
• 1-2 tablespoons Fairway olive oil
1. Fill a pot with 2 cups of water and place on stove over a medium heat.
2. Add dried fruit and heat for 20 minutes, mixing every few minutes.
3. When the fruits have started to meld together and turn into a compote, add the red wine vinegar and honey. Mix well.
4. Remove the compote from the pot and place in a bowl. Add the rosemary and salt and pepper to taste and mix.
5. Season the inside of the pork loin with salt and pepper and generously stuff the loin with the compote, reserving the extra. Close and tie with kitchen twine.
6. Add the olive oil to a heavy pan and place on stove over a medium heat. Brown the pork well for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Place the pan in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
8. Slice and serve with the rest of the fruit compote on the side.